On an annual basis, El Paso Health reviews and updates our adopted Clinical Practice Guidelines in effort to promote utilization of the most current evidence based practice. As we believe our members deserve the highest level of care, we promulgate and endorse the use of evidence-based practice. For that reason, El Paso Health’s Clinical Practice Guidelines provide a framework for specific clinical processes. El Paso Health’s Quality Improvement Committee (QIC) has reviewed and approved our Clinical Practice Guidelines for our adult and child populations. As aforementioned, Clinical Practice Guidelines serve as the framework to clinical care and are available to you as a set of reliable references designed to provide efficacy of clinical practice and substantiate its impact on clinical care outcomes.
El Paso Health has earmarked our Clinical Practice Guidelines to reflect the needs of our members. We have adopted preventative, public health and disease specific clinical guidelines for our adult and child population. Our Clinical Practice Guidelines are promulgated by authoritative bodies, such as professional organizations or ad-hoc expert committees, and are based on current scientific literature.
To view our Clinical Practice Guidelines please click on the link below, or if you would like to obtain a hardcopy, please contact
the Quality Improvement Unit @ 915-532-3778.
- Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain Guideline
- Prenatal and Postpartum Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Routine Preventive Services Guideline 5d-24mo
- Routine Preventive Services Guideline 30mo-11yr
- Routine Preventive Services Guideline 12yr-20yr
- Asthma Management Guideline
- Diabetes Management Guideline
- Viral URI Management Guideline
- Mental Health Follow Up Guideline